Rooms and rates
Why We Exist
The farm & barn
Fox & Fiddle is CLOSED Nov 1, 2014.
(We have no more vacancies -
"The Fox & Fiddle is the best bed
& breakfast EVER. Seriously!"
"Wow. Words cannot describe the beauty,
peace & love we experienced during
"Beautiful home. Beautiful family. The
natural elegance here is refreshing."
"Your place was restorative to body and
soul. We enjoyed the comfortable beds and
People love our friendship, our fun, our arts, our
support of oppressed people worldwide, and the
down-to-earth organic farm lifestyle. Expect to
relax and feel at ease - we are a home, not a museum. We
are a third the price of most bed and breakfasts in the
area, but we are extravagant with the care we give our
awesome guests. Read
their comments here! There is a busy
highway and businesses nearby, but our 7 acres are a
peaceful haven not far from downtown Asheville. Your
- Free WIFI Internet access.
- Guest parlor with pump organ, DVD player, video
player, stereo, and TV (receives only two or three
- Piano, guitar, djembe, and other musical
- Use of yard, wrap-around porch, creek, and common
- Ceiling fans, personal heaters and window fans.
- Outdoor patio area with fire pit.
- (Weekends only:) A delicious breakfast, including eggs
from our own chickens.
- Delicious well water, and fresh produce from the
farm (in season).
- You may use our spacious kitchen, stove and
fridge. Sorry but we do not do laundry for guests.
- Inquire about fishing or wading in the two
creeks, exploring the farm, or having a fire in
- Most rooms do not have air conditioning, but the
house is shady, and mountain evenings are delightfully
cool in the summer.
- Let us know if
you have ANY health issues or sensitivities before
making a reservation. There are several steps
up to our front entrance. FYI, we use scent-free
- We are surrounded by businesses and homes on 3
sides. You may hear a train pass in the night or the
sounds of farming or business during the week day, but
it is wonderfully peaceful here: just ask our guests.
- Rates are based on double occupancy. See our room page for more
- Earliest check-in is 3pm, and check-out (leave the property)
is 11am. Late arrivals are not a problem. Once you are
here, come and go 24/7 (being quiet and considerate,
- Two-night minimum stay is required.
- Visa/MC/Discover card is required to reserve a
room. You will be charged the full amount when you
arrive (we'll swipe your card, or you may pay cash).
- Our house is smoke-free. Do not use strong
fragrances for the sake of sensitive guests.
- Children will require supervision for their
safety. Guests must be quiet between 10pm and 9am. See
which rooms can accommodate
- To help keep our prices low, please pay for
damages you cause (beyond normal usage).
- We are not responsible for loss due to theft or
damage to you, your car or your property. (FYI,
thankfully we have not had any loss or damage in
- Sorry, but no pets. Rarely we offer an exception,
but never in the house.
- $20 per room is non-refundable for cancellations
further than 14 days in advance.
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of arrival will be
charged 25% of full rate ($20 minimum).
- Cancellations within 1 week of arrival date will
be charged 50% of the full rate.
- Early departures, no-shows, or cancellations
within 36 hours of arrival will be charged the full